Eating For Energy

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Burritos, Belts and Blogging

It’s been over 105 degrees most days in North Carolina and unless you have a pool you should not be outdoors in this heat!  Due to all this heat, come Saturday night we had a huge Thunder-Lightning storm! It was great to be honest, it was needed and well over due. Sunday was another Rain/Thunder-Lightning storm. Which was good by me as we had a lot of “indoor chores” to do?

One of my major goals more than a chore is our Vegan Blog. It’s one of my favorite things to do daily! Trevor is a fantastic cook and he cooks Friday through Sunday and I cook Monday-Thursday. Trevor was in the mood for a brunch burrito!! He makes the best homemade food period but I literally love his made from scratch brunch or breakfast burrito!! He diced peppers, onions, tomatoes and black eyed peas with lovely spices/herbs. Added salsa and wrapped it in a flour tortilla and presto magico!! So good, we both had 2!  So filling!!
While Trevor was cooking, I was updating this blog. Trevor said " It's been nice to see my weight loss through my belt!! He said "I've gone down two holes in my belt!!" That’s huge in my opinion.  He loves seeing the weight loss, feeling the weight loss, feeling the energy gain and receiving tons of compliments at work!! I'm beyond excited and happy for him too.  As they say proof is in the pudding and “Going Vegan” has been one of the best decisions we’ve ever made as a couple and family!!
What do you do on a raining Sunday? Do you pull out ingredients and start preparing for the week? Put together any great Vegan dishes just on a whim? What’s your favorite dish, snack or full meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment