Eating For Energy

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Better Crocker Pancakes - Vegan Style!!

7 kids is a lot to have over in one setting but we are so used to our house being a revolving door. With 3 kids it's always "busy" in this house at all times!

Last night we had our dearest friends kids and nieces over for a fun sleep over party!! This morning we had 7 hungry kids! It's a tradition in our house to serve up yummy pancakes for breakfast or depending on the wake up time, brunch.

I've owned my first and only Betty Crocker book since I was 22 and first married. I've had this book which I've had to tape up very used pages for 15 yrs  now. I've decided not to give it up since "Going Vegan" because the cool thing is there is always many substitutions for egg, dairy etc.  With the pancake recipe we substitute eggs with banana's and cow's milk with almond milk.  We also just added chocolate chips from Enjoy Life. Enjoy Life chocolate chips are dairy, soy and nut free.

I made double the batch for all these hungry kids and served up some very delicious pancakes. What was really cool is the kids wolfed them all down. They loved the pancakes and it didn't seem to bother them in the least they they didn't have cow's milk, chocolate from Hershey's or eggs in it. In fact I gave them 3 choices of syrup to put on the pancakes. Agave, Myple Syrup and Brown Rice Syrup.  The kids were great and tried each; accept for my two pickiest kids Britain and Luke. But 5 out of 7 kids liking the syrups was a huge success for me!

What recipes have you veganized? Please share as we are learning and would love to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment