Eating For Energy

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ask and you shall receive your Vegan lunch!

Bueller, Bueller!

Did any of you all see the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"? It's a great movie! I've remembered it  today after all these years. The reason I bring it up is I had a very informative but very boring Real Estate Seminar today. I kept envisioning  Ferris not being in class and having his teacher repeatedly call his name. I dozed off and on throughout the day due to the monotone voices.

My saving grace was lunch! I asked a staff member what type of lunch was being delivered today and was informed lunch would consist of bag of chips, soda, sandwich and a cookie. There was several types of sandwiches; turkey, ham, roast beef, egg salad, tuna salad and the very last choice was Veggie.

Of course I chose veggie. I made it vegan by removing the two types of cheeses and it was just a gorgeous, veggie full sandwich on wheat bun. It was light, refreshing and totally hit the spot. The new improved Vegan Sandwich gave me so much energy I was able to finish the 2 hours left of the seminar awake!!

Any amazing vegan sandwiches you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment